Although Tupperware containers come with a limited life time warranty improper handling may lead to voiding Tupperware warranty. Use your Tupperware containers with care to help them last you the longest without deteriorating the quality.
Washing/ Rinsing & Cleaning Tupperware Containers
- Rinse Tupperware containers as soon as you empty them
- Load Tupperware at the top shelf of the dishwasher so that heating elements do not come in contact.
- Wash seals & containers together.
- If you find your container stained, use baking soda.
- Wash spatulas, spoons, knives, printed products, ice cream scoop & ClearMate range with hand
- Use soft cloth and mild soapy water to prevent scratching
- Do not scrub. Avoid abrasive cleaning cloths & sponges
- Pat dry with a soft cloth or towel
- Air drying is the best technique and that too away from the direct heating source.
Microwaving Tupperware Containers
- Not all containers are safe to be used in oven
- Do not cook in Tupperware containers that are safe only for reheating
- Do not use on stove top, in convection microwave oven and conventional oven
- Be careful when heating food high in sugar, fat and oil such as cheese & gravies
- Do not reheat food on more wattage than recommended
- Saucy food can stain your containers. Watch out
Also Read: How to Reheat Food while maintaining texture and freshness?
Storing Tupperware Containers
- Always store without lids to keep them fresh and ventilated
- Stack when storing food. Nestle when empty
- Use gloves when dealing with hot utensils
Stains, discolouration or odours For persistent stains, use one of the following:
- Non-scratch cleaner
- Non-scratch pad
- Strong solution of dishwasher detergent and water (¼ cup detergent to 1 cup warm water).
Chipping may occur along the edges of a product.
Breaking produces a hole in the product.
Peeling can occur mainly in older products.
Can be large or tiny, like this crazing (network of fine cracks).
Products manufactured after September 1979 are dishwasher safe and if warped, are eligible for replacement.
Warranted to be free of manufacturing defects for up to one year after purchase.
Warranted to be free of manufacturing defects upon receipt. You have 30 days from purchase to request free replacement.